Wednesday, April 27, 2016

Poem

Over hill, over dale,
Thorough bush, thorough brier,
Over park, over pale,
Thorough flood, thorough fire!
I do wander everywhere,
Swifter than the moon's sphere;
And I serve the Fairy Queen,
To dew her orbs upon the green;
The cowslips tall her pensioners be;
In their gold coats spots you see;
Those be rubies, fairy favours;
In those freckles live their savours;
I must go seek some dewdrops here,
And hang a pearl in every cowslip's ear.

Why did I choose it?
Because this poem is not too long and not hard for me to understand it. In the before I always thought that the poem is composed by many difficult words and complicated sentences. Moreover, the beginning sentence makes me feel interesting to read it, every end word in every sentences sounds the same, which let me feel curious about what happens in this poem, so I choose it.
What do I like about it?
This first thing is about the rhyme, every end word in the beginning sentences sound the same, which makes me feel curious. Second, when the author wrote this poem, he did not use only comma and period to end the story, moreover, he used colon and exclamation mark to make the the every sentences in the poem more related with each other.
What is it about?
It is about a young person who is looking for fairy and dewdrops, and he endures many difficulties in order to find dewdrops for the fairy.

No comments:

Post a Comment