Thursday, March 3, 2016

Vocabualry

Claim. Noun.
Me and Dad were relaxing after a hard afternoon’s work out at the claim.
Place where dad works with mine. 

Wobbling. Adj. 
The noise of a car drove into our ears and a four-wheel-drive police jeep came wobbling down the creamy red track that leads to our claim.
A sound fluctuate unsteadily.

Startled, verb.
My dad turned around, startled.
Excited my sudden things. To disturb by the surprise. 

Figment. Noun.
Pobby was a figment of her imaginings.
Fantastic idea

Rummaged. Verb. 
He rummaged through piles of rocks.
Search everywhere. Haphazardly

Ute. Noun.
Kellyanne glared at me through tears the way she did the time I slammed the door of the ute in Dingan’s face
A vehicle that travels over rough ground. 

Crackpot. Noun.
Lightning Ridge was full of flaming crackpots as far as I could see.
A person who is crazy.

Mello Yello. Noun.
“Pobby and Dingan aren’t dead,” I said, hiding my anger in a swig from my can of Mello Yello.
A soft drink.

Mates noun.
“I still say Kellyanne could do with some real-live mates,”
Friends

Opal. Noun.
My dad would come back from the opal mines covered in dust, his beard like the back end of a dog that’s shat all over its tail.
Mineral with colorful colors stone. Like gemstones.

Fairdinkum Adj.
There’s definitely something in that earth with the name Williamson on it!” “Fairdinkum?” His excitement always caught ahold of me.
honest or reliable

Imaginary. Adj.
I was as much a rockhound as the next kid, but I wasn’t crazy enough to talk to imaginary friends,
Not based on facts, dubious.

Grub noun.
She said they were quieter and better behaved than me and deserved the grub.
Food. Meals.

Fossilized. Adj.
Lucky Jes has taken out a million-dollar stone and a fossilized mammoth tooth with sun-flash in it.
to become a fossil. 

Mammoth noun.
Lucky Jes has taken out a million-dollar stone and a fossilized mammoth tooth with sun-flash in it.

Was an animal like elephant with long tusks and long hair. No longer exists. 

No comments:

Post a Comment